Terms and conditions General Terms and Conditions By using the Highgate Literary & Scientific Institution (HLSI) online Payment facilities you are confirming these Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all online card transactions made to the HLSI. Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facilities.
The HLSI may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with the HLSI.
- Using the online payment facilities on our website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use our online payment facilities. All online payments are subject to these conditions.
- Your payment will normally reach the HLSI bank account within two working days. We cannot accept any liability for delayed payments.
- We cannot accept liability for payments being recorded on the wrong account if you supply inaccurate information, but will make every effort to reallocate any such payments if they arise.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by your credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If your card supplier declines payment, the University is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- The data that you provide during online payment transactions is securely held by HLSI or our e-commerce provider under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment and for accounting processes. Your data will be treated confidentially and with the utmost care and respect. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party, except in respect of data that it is necessary to provide to the HLSI’s e-commerce provider who will process this information on the HLSI’s behalf. In limited, exceptional circumstances the HLSI may be required to disclose data to other third parties, for example where this is necessary to comply with the law. We will retain Information will only be retained for a reasonable period and then destroyed securely.
- In no event will the HLSI be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be made by bank transfer on receipt of bank account details or by cheque. Refunds are only made in exceptional circumstances and should be fully discussed with HLSI Office (020 8340 3343)
- You cannot cancel any order. Please contact the HLSI Office (020 8340 3343) should you wish to discuss any cancellation