The Victoria Hall is a nineteenth-century vaulted hall (10.8m by 8.1m) with a large lantern roof light. Built in 1880 over an open space previously used for stabling horses. The hall has a stage area, piano and a wooden floor, ideal for dancing. A central lighting system offers sympathetic lighting, whether illuminating the Institution’s historic picture collection, the latest gallery exhibition (an average of nine exhibitions a year) or individual event.
The Victoria Hall is on ground level, a large gabled-roofed hall accommodating up to 80-100 people (including two registrars)